Thanks for visiting my blog, full of several different topics and photos and hopefully inspiration and encouragement for all

8 February 2009

A very personal and important note from me to everyone..

The message is about Drunk Driving. Everyone knows it is wrong and it is dangerous..but..does everyone know what it is?

Drunk Driving is driving on more than 1 and a 1/2 beers. I know I know. That seems low..but in reality when people drink, others buy drink for them and not every drink is accounted for. This often results in people miscounting. Some bars and clubs have breathelizers. Use one!!

I say this becaise it is against the law and many people do it. People drive drunk all the time..a lot of them make it home just fine. Think back..have you? Even innocently "Well I'm the most sober, I'll drive." or "I don't want to leave my car here." or "I know I can make it home. And you may, you might make it home just fine.

You might also get pulled over and spend the night in the drunk tank and be required to do community service whilst losing your lisence and going to driving school.

You might not make it home. If driving you may have an accident, skid off a road or bridge and injure or kill yourself.

Or you may kill someone else. People who don't know you, did nothing to deserve what you did to them and you will have to live with it for the rest of your life, it's sure to haunt you. And to haunt those family members who lost their mother or father, or sibling or child.

And..in my personal experience you may hurt someone. Some 20 yr old, way over the limit ran a red light and hit me. I've had a lot of pain since. It was a serious accident that totalled my car and left me with permanent injuries. This kid doesn't even know me. There is no way he will ever be able to take back what he did and I live the rest of my life with this.

Be smart, always have a sober driver, realistically only one beer is your safe bet, followed by water and peeing. Walking home or getting a taxi is always the better choice than driving.

Don't put yourself or others at risk. oxox (more cute stuff Monday yo)

0 comments: