List to do before 29 April:
- finish candles. Today I made cotton candy candles - pink and blue!! They smell great and I also made little mini tealights - they are pink and elegant. They will burn longer - they have organic beeswax.
- get two magazines: Elle and Vogue or Marie Claire, or even a cooking or scrapbooking one.
- finish mini me envelope book.
- make vegetarian lasagne for church Sunday.
- make a thank-you card for Buffy for getting me pickles. They have helped me not to cheat on my diet. Oh and Louisiana Hot Sauce.
- take alergy meds regularly and get plenty of rest and drink a lot of water.
- photograph my latest etsy items for an update.
- keep an eye on my e-bay stuff (buying and selling)
- wash my hair and make sure it's clean (enough to last a few days) including my extensions.
- cut Mum's hair.
- watch 17 Again.
- make sure I have no nail varnish or make up on.
- pack a small bag with plenty to do, nighties and clothes and slippers and robes.
- laundry and linens.
Reasons for (some of the) list:
I have really bad health. I have thyroid problems and a month ago my doctor said "you don't produce enough of the hormone that makes your heart beat. I'm suprprised it's beating now." so I am on a few more drugs - feeling so much better from it. I also have PCOS and Hydradenitis Superativa. Both of which can get so much better if I were to lose some weight. However - because of the thyroid problem..it takes a lot of time and is really hard for me to lose a significant amount of weight. For many reasons..like if my thyroid is off it can make me tired and weak. There have been times when I couldn't even get out of bed or function properly because it was sooooo low. Or if it's off I can be emotional and comfort eat or not eat all then I gain so much back when I start eating again. So, I decided to have weight loss surgery. I had orginally looked into lap band (my father had it) however our surgeon told me that he thought Gastric Bypass would be a better option. I would lose weight fast - stay motivated and most likely would not fail like I would a diet. At this point my weight is seriously effecting my health and this will definitely be a great tool for me to take advantage of. My goal is to lose weight obviously, however - I also want to be hysically able to row a boat, climb a mountain, play tennis, run and jog, play sports and save whopping $ on clothes by getting to buy in sales and shop at Walmart/Asda! My doctors goals are to improve my health and get me off a couple meds I'm on. I can't wait.
There are of course complications that can arise. I could have trouble in surgery, develop a blood clot after, split staples or stitches or become malnutirious. I could develop dumping syndrome or get sick. There are fatalities and I am very nervous. But I trust God and my surgeon - so we are a go.
Take off to the rest of my life: 29 April 2009, five days and counting..
There will be pain and tears..followed by success.
Here is to health!
ps. this means I might/might not be online or posting for a week or so.
24 April 2009
List to do before 29 April: