Thanks for visiting my blog, full of several different topics and photos and hopefully inspiration and encouragement for all

7 September 2012

Simple Delicious


When I moved into my little house here, there was a part that was broken in my stove. It's been that way for a month but don't worry!! The part is in and it's getting fixed tomorrow. So, I've been microwaving and crockpottin' a lot. For a while I just just eating raw or microwave meals and I CRAVED meat. So I gave the crockpot a go. If you live in a dorm or just don't feel like messing up your oven..follow this simple recipe I wrote today.

Simple Delicious: Chicken and Dumplings

You will need:
1 carrot
2 green onions
1/2 can of: green beans, corn, peas
(you can also use frozen packs or medleys)
1/2 cup chopped chicken
1 can chicken broth
1 packet chicken gravy
1 cup egg noodles
1 can biscuits

Directions:
1. Cut up and drain all your vegetables and place in crockpot on high (I have a small crockpot, larger ones will need to go on a lower temperature)
2. Pour half the can of broth in with veggies and stir occassionally while adding or preparing the other ingredients
3. Partially or fully cook your chicken. I chopped mine up and placed in a small bowl with a little salt and soy sauce, and microwaved carefully for 2 minutes until cooked. Then add to crockpot. Stir
4. Rinse egg noodles until water runs practically clear, then add to crock pot
5. Mix remaining chicken brother with chicken gravy packet and add to pot
6. Give it a good stir and leave in crockpot one hour, if there isn't liquid to the top of mix - add water
7. Tear biscuits into small pieces or roll into dumplings and cook. I just have a microwave, did you know: You can cook biscuits in the microwave?! You can, I seperated mine then cooked them for 3 minutes and "fluffed" every 1 minute.

Serve soup with dumplings and enjoy.

0 comments: