Thanks for visiting my blog, full of several different topics and photos and hopefully inspiration and encouragement for all

6 September 2012

Wednesday Has a New Meaning

This time last year, at work, I used to get off nearly two hours before I get off now. I would always make it to church on a Wednesday night. They were some of my favourite nights because the class I went to would have great music, a good lesson and a real intimate study where we could discuss things and really reflect on our lives.

Because of my new schedule it's very hard for me to get to church on Wednesday nights, if at all. Some may take this as a "freebie" like skipping Sunday School because you're sick when you are little. I miss Wednesday nights, so, after thinking about all I am missing, what other people are missing and by suggestion of my Mum, I've decided I will make my Wednesday night in the word, a little later..when I get off work.

I am going to look for a Bible Study to share with you all. But for tonight, I felt like I needed to experience joy. I felt disappointed after work. The reason isn't important, but my disappointed and "failure" feeling, simply came to me because I, like many, often try to control God's blessings, instead of trusting him, that all things come in his time. So I turned to the book of Psalm..

I will extol thee, O Lord; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. Lord, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled. I cried to thee, O Lord; and unto the Lord I made supplication. What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth? Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me: Lord, be thou my helper. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; to the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever. (Psalm 30)

So when you feel disappointed and are feeling like a failure, when you feel like you've lost control or yourself, when you're wrapped up in this world, sad or lonely and all you can do is cry, yell, shout or complain, when you feel bitter or hurt, when your heart feels heavy..remember to praise God in your circumstance and that..

ps. this is one thing, that for the past year my very good friend Meleah has reminded of me, in each of my circumstances..to be grateful and praise God, no matter what

1 comments:

Anonymous,  06 September, 2012  

Very well said... Anne, you're a beautiful child of God. Just remember all those times we've talked that wasn't "me." he works in mysterious ways. :) As we go through life people change and our lives change, however I can guarantee one thing! HE does not!!! Hallelujah!
It is up to you to keep your faith in the Word and Works of God. Scripture does tell us that Faith without Works is Dead.
Like I've once said... Happy Moments we need to PRAISE GOD! Difficult Moments we need to SEEK GOD! Quiet Moments we need to WORSHIP GOD! Concerning Moments we need to TRUST GOD! EVERY MOMENT THANK GOD!
Blessed be the Lord that DAILY loads us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. So do remember one thing Praise ye the Lord, O give Thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth forever.